Gaddis & McLaurin, a mainstay in Bolton and Hinds County for 150 years
From seed and feed to hardware and lumber, from tools and gloves to wind chimes and handbags, the displays and shelves at Gaddis & McLaurin are filled with a wide variety of items their customers want and need. The friendly and knowledgeable staff provide helpful answers and solutions each and every day. It has been this way for the family-owned business, for 150 years.
The store initially opened in 1871 when Bolton was little more than a station stop on the Vicksburg and Jackson Railway. The business played an important role in the history and growth of the town. It was originally situated across the street from the current location. On January 28, 1948, the original store burned to the ground. The photograph above, which hangs in the office at Gaddis & McLaurin, was taken about one year before it was destroyed by fire. The store reopened immediately following the fire, in the space it occupies now.
The store's adorable mascot, Gladys Laurin (rhymes with Gaddis & McLaurin!): (slideshow)
Established in 1871, Gaddis & McLaurin has served Bolton and the surrounding area for 150 years. In addition to lumber, hardware, tools, building supplies and plumbing fixtures, the store stocks a wide variety of feed for cattle, horses, farm animals, pets, wildlife and fish; seed; gardening and farming needs; boots, gloves and handbags; scented candles; honey and more.